In line with the university's vision of being a world class centre of academic excellence, the department has since the year 2002, established and maintained over 40 international and local linkages worth US$4.9 Million.
Among these collaborations include the Institute for Development Studies Chronic Poverty Research Centre-Kenya, the only one of its kind in Africa.
The department houses the Confucius Institute which is a collaboration between the Kenyan and Chinese governments through Tianjin Normal University and the University of Nairobi.
Other partners include:
Partners of the Department (Collaborations)
- Tianjin Normal University, China http://www.tjnu.edu.cn/; http://www.tju.edu.cn/english/Academics/Confucius_Institutes.htm
- Camoes Institute, Portugal https://www.instituto-camoes.pt/en/
- Korea Foundation https://fundit.fr/en/institutions/korea-foundation-kf
- DAAD, Kenya https://www.daad.or.ke/en/
- Embassy of Egypt in Nairobi https://www.egyptembassy.org/location/kenya/egypt-embassy-nairobi/
- Portuguese Embassy https://www.embassypages.com/portugal-embassy-nairobi-kenya/
We are open for partnerships of mutual benefit in the areas of linguistics and languages. Feel free to get in touch with us via the contacts below:
Chairman, Department of Linguistics and Languages
P.O Box 30197-00100, Nairobi
Physical location: Education Building 3rd Floor, Main Campus